- A45/A46 Tollbar End Improvement Scheme: -
- The A45/A46 Tollbar End Improvement Scheme has been given the go-ahead by the Secretary of State and, subject to Statutory Procedures, will commence in the Autumn of this year. Attached is the letter of 29th July 2013 from Galliford Try, which descibed theearly works that needed to be carried out, starting at the beginning of August 2013.
- The Highways Agency held a Start of Works public exhibition about the construction of the A45/A46 Tollbar End Junction Improvement Scheme at the Holiday Inn Coventry South, London Road, Ryton on Dunsmore, Coventry Warwickshire, CV8 3DY on Friday 29th November 2013 from 2pm to 8pm and Saturday 30th November from 10am to 4pm. Representatives from the Highways agency and its Contractor and designer answered questions and concerns raised.
- See the Highways Agency website for full details of the scheme, including their quarterly newsletter that has information on progress.
- Coventry & Warwickshire Gateway Development: -
- See the Gateway Public Inquiry section for the latest news and Proofs of Evidence.
- The planning application for this proposed development was submitted to Warwick District Council (WDC) on 12th September 2012. The application reference number was W/12/1143. Baginton Parish Council objected to the planning application and made representations at the Planning Committee meetings on 19th December 2012 and 12th June 2013. The Planning Committee voted 7 to 3 in favour of approving the application at the June meeting. The Parish Council wrote asking the Secretary of State, Eric Pickles, to call-in the application, as the decision by WDC was against National Planning Policy. Mr Pickles has decided to do this and has instructed WDC not to grant planning permission pending a Public Inquiry, which is due to commence on 8th April 2014.
- The date and venue for the Public Inquiry were confirmed at the beginning of January 2014. The Inquiry will be held at Leamington Town Hall and will begin at 10.00am on Tuesday 8th April 2014. The Inquiry is expected to last approximately 16 days and will sit on 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 15th, 16th, 23rd, 24th, 29th and 30th April and 1st, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 9th and 13th May 2014. There was a pre-inquiry meeting at the Town Hall on 22 January 2014 at 2.00pm, to discuss procedural and other arrangements. Although the latter was a public meeting, it was principally for the benefit of the Inspector, applicant, Councils and Rule 6 parties.
- There is an Against the Gateway meeting at Bubbenhall Village Hall on Friday 21st March 2014 at 7.30pm. Please do try to attend. See the Village Events sections for full details.
- If you wish to write to the Government, please do so to the following addresses:-
National Planning Casework Unit, 5 St Philips Place, Colmore Row, Birmingham, B3 2PW and Department for Communities and Local Government, Eland House,
Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5DU
- View Roxhill's "masterplan"
- Download the "Against the Gateway" and "Say No to the Gateway" posters to print off and display
- For more detailed information, go to the Parish Council Communication and Engagement Strategy section of the website.
- Local Plan Revised Development Strategy and Options for Gypsy and Travellers Sites Consultation: -
- Warwick District Council is preparing a revised Local Plan for Warwick District, which will guide the area's future development for the next 15 years. The document has been prepared and is supported by a range of reports that can be found on the WDC website.
- The latest Village Newsletter at the bottom of this page (can be viewed as a PDF)
- View the Baginton Village Directory of Information
- Volunteer to become a Street Champion for the police/Neighbourhood Watch