- A45/A46 Tollbar End Improvement Scheme: -
- The A45/A46 Tollbar End Improvement Scheme has been given the go-ahead by the Secretary of State and, subject to Statutory Procedures, will commence in the Autumn of this year. Attached is the letter of 29th July 2013 from Galliford Try, which descibes some early works that need to be carried out, which are due to start at the beginning of August.
- The Highways Agency will be holding a Start of Works public exhibition about the construction of the A45/A46 Tollbar End Junction Improvement Scheme at the Holiday Inn Coventry South, London Road, Ryton on Dunsmore, Coventry Warwickshire, CV8 3DY on Friday 29th November 2013 from 2pm to 8pm and Saturday 30th November from 10am to 4pm. Representatives from the Highways agency and its Contractor and designer will be available to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
- See the Highways Agency website for full details of the scheme, including their quarterly newsletter that has information on progress.
- Coventry & Warwickshire Gateway Development: -
- The planning application for this proposed development was submitted to Warwick District Council (WDC) on 12th September 2012. The application reference number was W/12/1143. Baginton Parish Council objected to the planning application and made representations at the Planning Committee meetings on 19th December 2012 and 12th June 2013. The Planning Committee voted 7 to 3 in favour of approving the application at the June meeting. The Parish Council wrote asking the Secretary of State, Eric Pickles, to call-in the application, as the decision by WDC was against National Planning Policy. Mr Pickles has decided to do this and has instructed WDC not to grant planning permission pending a public enquiry, which is due to commence on 8th April 2014.
- If you wish to write to the Government, please do so to the following addresses:-
National Planning Casework Unit, 5 St Philips Place, Colmore Row, Birmingham, B3 2PW and Department for Communities and Local Government, Eland House,
Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5DU
- View Roxhill's "masterplan"
- Download the "Say No to the Gateway" poster to print off and display.
- For more detailed information, go to the Parish Council Communication and Engagement Strategy section of the website.
- Local Plan Revised Development Strategy and Options for Gypsy and Travellers Sites Consultation: -
- Warwick District Council is preparing a revised Local Plan for Warwick District, which will guide the area's future development for the next 15 years. The document has been prepared and is supported by a range of reports that can be found on the WDC website.
- The site options for future gypsy and traveller accommodation include 20 possible sites or areas of search to accommodate gypsies and travellers. The council has to provide sites for 31 pitches. In general it is hoped each site will accommodate between 5 and 15 pitches. The 20 options include sites in public ownership, sites that have been put forward by land owners and "areas of search" which will include parcels of land which are not necessarily supported by the landowners. At this stage, no decisions have been taken and the inclusion of a site does not necessarily mean that WDC supports the site. Following this options consultation, WDC will work up some more specific proposals for another period of consultation.
- The public consultation on the Revised Development Strategy ran until 29th July and and there will be a public event arranged by WDC in the Village Hall on January 4th 2014 from 10am to 2pm as part of the Village Housing Options and Settlement Boundaries Consultation.
- The latest Village Newsletter at the bottom of this page (can be viewed as a PDF)
- View the Baginton Village Directory of Information
- Volunteer to become a Street Champion for the police/Neighbourhood Watch